AVSS will celebrate its 10th anniversary in Kraków with a focus in the areas following listed below. The advanced registration deadline is June 17, 2013.
* Sensor-Centric Processing
* Data Management & Human-Computer Interaction
* Security and Privacy
* Processing, Detection, Tracking & Recognition
* Analytics, Situation Awareness & Decision Making
* Surveillance Systems and Applications
Confirmed Plenary Lectures (http://www.avss2013.org/plenary-lectures):
* "Video Synopsis"
Prof. Shmuel Peleg, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
* "Visual Scene Understanding - It's Time to Address it Again”
Prof. Bernt Schiele, Max Planck Institute for Informatics, Germany
* "On Gait and Soft Biometrics for Surveillance"
Prof. Mark Nixon University of Southampton, United Kingdom
Workshops on Aug. 27, prior to the technical program of the conference:
* Low-Resolution Face Analysis (LRFA) 2013
* Activity Monitoring by Multiple Distributed Sensing (AMMDS) 2013
* Vehicle Retrieval in Surveillance (VRS) 2013