Kraków is the prime tourist destination in Poland and the end of August will be quite busy. We strongly recommended that you book a hotel room as soon as you know your arrival and departure dates.
The AVSS-2013 Local Organizing Committee has blocked a number of rooms for conference attendees at several hotels with a special conference discount (from 10% to 20% depending on the hotel). Most of these hotels are within a short walk from the conference venue (see the map below; letters A-G identify hotels and the green house indicates the conference venue).
- (A) Hotel Radisson Blu (*****), Straszewskiego 17 (discount up to July 26)
- (B) Hotel Stary (*****), Szczepańska 5 (discount up to July 31)
- (C) Hotel Pollera (***), Szpitalna 30
- (D) Hotel Elektor (***), Szpitalna 28
- (E) Hotel Wit Stwosz (***), Mikołajska 28
- (F) Hotel Polonez (***), Reymonta 15 (discount up to July 1)
- (G) Hotel Ibis Stare Miasto (**), Pawia 15 (discount up to August 10)
Details on how to obtain a discount will be provided in your registration confirmation email.
Prices for a single-occupancy room in the above hotels range from about 200 PLN for budget hotels (**) to 600 PLN for luxury hotels (*****). The national currency in Poland is the “złoty” (abbreviated as "PLN" or "zł"). Approximate exchange rates as of May 20, 2013: 1 Euro = 4.17 PLN, 1 USD = 3.19 PLN.
Students can also stay at the dormitories of the AGH University of Science and Technology, about 3 km away from the conference venue (bus and tramway service nearby). For prices, location and amenities please visit the dormitories' web site.
You can explore the map below by clicking and dragging. Click on icons to see detailed information.